Ballinanty, Rathdrum, Co. Wicklow
Ballinanty, Rathdrum, Co. Wicklow
BER No: 113533301
EPI: 185.8 kWh/m2/yr
This spectacular 4 bedroom detached property (255 sq meters) with registered
commercial space was built in 1982 and is set on an elevated site of C.9.28 acres with an option to purchase further adjoining lands of C.9.96 acres in the picturesque area of
Grennane on the outskirts of Rathdrum, Co. Wicklow. The mature landscaped gardens which comprises of boarded walkways, various ponds, water features, a poly tunnel and magnificent Cherry tree walk overlooks the surrounding Countryside.
A wonderful opportunity to acquire a unique home with a garden enthusiasts dream.
This unique property has the best of everything in terms of its location. The house lies on an elevated site on the Grennane road approx. 6km from the centre of Rathdrum offering an array of amenities - shops, restaurants, churches, and schools. There is plenty to do for the sports enthusiasts too, with soccer, Gaelic football, horse riding and the spectacular Macreddin golf club all available in the close locality of the property.
On the grounds of this property there is a large garage, 6 stables, a poly tunnel, a glass house and many other outbuildings. The granite blocks along the walk way to the gardens were the original blocks from Woodenbridge Railway. The cherry tree walk leads you into the secluded gardens where you will be surrounded with an array of different trees, plants and shrubs. The boarded walk ways guide you throughout the garden alongside the numerous ponds and water features. The gardens can aptly be described as a Nature Reserve as well a haven for both wildlife and people alike. This property and garden is truly a hidden gem.
Entrance Hall: 3.60m x 3.20m
Bright hallway with marble tiled floor.
Sitting Room: 4.80m x 6.00m
Large bright spacious room with bay window, Birdseye Canadian Maple floor, Open fire (with back boiler) marble surround and hearth. Double timber sliding doors leading to Dining Room.
Sunroom: 3.40m x 3.55m
Terracotta tiles with double doors leading to the garden.
Dining Room: 4.30m x 3.00m
Birdseye Canadian Maple floor, door leading to Kitchen.
Rear Conservatory: 2.00m x 6.50m
Terracotta tiles, Timber half door leading to rear patio area.
Kitchen: 6.60m x 5.70m
Terracotta tiles, Solid oak timber shaker style kitchen, quartz worktops, built in dresser unit, Rayburn cooker, leisure cooker (Gas & Electric)
Utility Room: 3.70m x 3.40mTerracotta tiles, Solid oak timber shaker style units with ample storage.
Bedroom 1: 3.70m 3.20m
Bright carpeted room.
Bedroom 2: 5.20m x 3.53m
Bright spacious double bedroom with terracotta tiles.
Bedroom 3/ Office: 3.30m x 4.00m
Bright room with marmoleum flooring and sink currently used as a surgery (Registered Commercial Space).
Bedroom 4: 3.60m x 3.60m
Double bedroom with Birdseye Canadian Maple floor.
Master Bedroom: 4.90m x 7.60m
Bright spacious Master bedroom with Canadian Oak Floor, built in wardrobes with ample storage space.
Ensuite: 1.20m x 2.70m
Solid Oak Flooring, WC, WHB, Shower
Main Bathroom: 1.80m x 4.00m
Solid Oak Flooring, WC, WHB, and bath.
Back Lobby: 3.70m x 4.00m
Marmoleum flooring (Registered Commercial Space)
Porch: 1.80m x 1.80m
Bright porch with terracotta tiles and door leading to back lobby. (Registered Commercial Space)
Guest WC: 1.80m x 1.60m
Tiled floor, WHB, WC. (Registered Commercial Space)
- Secluded and private site
- Electric Gates on both entrances
- Fully alarmed
- Well Water
- Gravity fed spring & storage tank for yard & garden use
- Oil Fired Central Heating (New condensing boiler for Radiators fitted 2020)
- New Rayburn fitted December 2019 supplying hot water and heating radiators.
- Solar Panels (Hot water)
- Mature garden with water features and boarded walk ways.
- Various ponds throughout the garden from ornamental wildlife conservation ponds, Duck flight ponds and a swimming pond with wild brown trout.
- Various fruit trees (Apple, pear, plum, fig, medlar, mulberry, gooseberries, blueberries, blackcurrants, and quince)
- Detached Garage with inspection pit for car maintenance, wired for generator in event of power outage.
- Registered Commercial Space
- Additional Outbuildings - Stables, Feed storage room, Glasshouse, Poly Tunnel, Work-shop and shed/outbuilding with solid fuel cooker and WC.
From Dublin take the N11/M11 Motorway South. Exit at exit 16 and head for R752 for Rathdrum. Stay on the R752 for about 15 km until reaching the village of Rathdrum. Travel over the bridge in Rathdrum and continue on the R752 for a further 2 km. Take the right turn on to the R754 signposted for Ballinaclash. On entering the village of Ballinaclash, after the bridge on the bend, take the right turn signposted for Greenane. Travel along this road for approximately 4km at the staggered junction turn left and continue along this road for approximately 1km the property is on the right hand side market with sign.
- Electric gates on both entrances
- CCTV cameras
- Registered commercial space with private entrance adjoining
- Solar Panels (supplying hot water)
- Superb gardens with water features, boarded walk ways, various ponds throughout, orchard area with an array of fruit trees
- Detached garage with inspection pit
- Wired for generator in event of power outage
- Additional out buildings, stables, feed storage room, glasshouse, poly tunnel, workshop with solid fuel cooker and WC.